Depending upon the type of Heatmiser Thermostats you are using, you will require a compatible wiring centre. Below is a description of each of the wiring centre options:-
Heatmiser UH4 can be used in conjunction with our mains thermostats. The UH4 is also ideally suited for underfloor heating. When used for under-floor heating an option is available to use zone 4 for conventional radiator control.
- The UH4 provides central switching of up to 4 zone actuators
- Output for a hot water cylinder and the system boiler and pump.
- UH4 Dimensions 384x148x60mm
Heatmiser UH8 is designed to work with our 4 channel 230v time clock (TM4) and 230v Set back thermostat (DS-SB) but equally could be used with any 230v room thermostat.
Up to 8 zones can be controlled from the UH8. On board the UH8 are two heating time channels, each zone allows you to specify which time channel it should follow. 2 additional time channel connections are provided for hot water control or other auxiliary devices. On demand from any zone, a 230v output is provided to switch the relevant zone actuator, underfloor heating pump and valve. A volt free connection is supplied for the boiler, making it compatible with almost all types of boilers.
A simple slide switch makes zone 8 suitable for controlling a radiator zone. When used for controlling radiators, zone 8 does not enable the underfloor heating pump, valve and boiler.Up to 4 actuators can be connected to each zone.
Dimensions (HxWxD) 220x290x70mm
Heatmiser UH8-N is our central wiring switch box designed to be used with our 12v network thermostats. The UH1 offers the following functionality;
- Central wiring to up to 8 zone actuators
- Output for under-floor heating valve and pump activated when any thermostat calls for heat
- Works with our low voltage thermostats.
- Output for a single radiator zone
- Output for domestic hot water
- Low voltage wiring to thermostats.
- Network connection to Heatmiser Touchpad
- Actuator outputs: 240V
- Dimensions (HxWxD) 220x290x70mm
Heatmiser UH8-RF is our 8 Zone wireless wiring centre designed to work with our Slimline-RF and Touch-RF Thermostats.
The UH8-RF provides central switching and is therefore ideally situated next to the underfloor heating manifold. 8 zones can be controlled as well as providing an output for a hot water cylinder. On demand from any zone, a 230v output is provided to switch the relevant zone actuators, underfloor heating pump and valve. A volt free connection is supplied for the boiler, making it compatible with almost all types of boilers. The boiler signal can also be sent via RF to the RF Switch, providing the installer a totally wireless solution.
Up to 6 actuators can be connected to each zone. An external aerial is available for use when the UH8-RF is being mounted in a metal cupboard or when the wireless signal is restricted.
A software option in the thermostat allows you to configure which zones are underfloor heating and which zones are radiators. Radiator zones will not enable the underfloor heating pump, valve and boiler when there is a call for heat. Radiator zones will not enable the underfloor heating pump, valve and boiler when there is a call for heat. Radiator zones should enable the boiler from the end switch of the valve.
- Central wiring for up to 8 zones
- DIN Rail Mounting Option (DIN Rail not included)
- Output for underfloor heating valve and pump activated when any thermostat calls for heat
- Wireless Fail Safe Function
- Wireless Boiler Link (RF Switch Optional)
- Works with our Slimline-RF and Touch-RF)
- Output for multiple radiator zones
- Output for domestic hot water
- Actuator outputs: 230v
- Dimensions (LxHxD) 384x148x60mm